Over the last week I’ve had questions about how to maximize yourself online with our new marketing initiatives. I’ve put together an ‘action list’ for both the buyer and seller realms.
Getting the Most Online from Buyers
- Set yourself up to receive leads-to-text from your website. | Learn How ▼
Most of you are already set-up to receive leads from the Select Response System. This is where you receive leads directly to your mobile phones. If you’re not set-up this is the first thing you need to do to start receiving leads.
- Know how to identify where the lead is coming from | Learn How ▼
I went over this briefly last week but check the email or your website to view the client’s source so you know where the lead is coming from. You now receive leads from:
- Your website
- Know how to check the client’s request and respond | Learn How ▼
If you’ve received a lead from Zillow/Yahoo, Trulia or Realtor.com the client has asked you something and you need to respond to them.
- Set up the client for a Buyers Search | Learn How ▼
This delivers the client every current home on the market that meets their search criteria.
- Set up the client for Property Watch | Learn How ▼
This is the #1 way to create return customers to your website! This feature emails the client every new home that meets their search criteria.
Getting the Most Online for Sellers
- Create an SEO Listing Description | Learn How ▼
Optimize your listing descriptions in MARIS for search engines.
- Turn ‘on’ Seller’s Reports for your website | Learn How ▼
This automated report shows the # of hits the seller’s home is receiving on the DiscoverStL system which includes DiscoverStL.com, your website and the 600+ agent websites at Prudential Select Properties.
- Turn ‘on’ Seller’s Reports for Prudential.com | Learn How ▼
Also referred to as OSA, these automated reports show the traffic the seller’s home is receiving on Prudential.com.
- Create a Zillow/Yahoo Profile | Learn How ▼
- Puts your photo on your listings
- Allows you to manage your listings
- Allows you to receive reports about listing activity
- Create a Trulia Profile | Learn How ▼
- Allows you to manage your listings
- Allows you to send seller’s listing activity reports
- Turn ‘on’ Sellers Reports for Trulia.com | Learn How ▼
These automated reports show the the traffic the seller’s home is receiving on Trulia.
- Add Open Houses to Prudential.com | Learn How ▼
Although most of our website portals display information for open houses automatically, any open houses on Prudential.com need to be entered manually.
- Posting Listings to Facebook | Learn How ▼
Posting your listing to Facebook is not only easy, it reminds your SOI that you are in the real estate industry. Just remember to make sure it’s not ALL you do on Facebook. A good rule of thumb is 80% social, 20% business.
- Posting Listings to YouTube | Learn How ▼
YouTube is the second most powerful search engine. Posting your listings on YouTube not only gives you SEO power it can set you apart from your competition.
- Posting to Craigslist and Postlets
I’m doing a bit of field surveying right now on both of these to provide you with the best solutions. Look for an update from me soon.
- August’s Select Circle: August roundtable will cover our new marketing options. Join us to review the above action steps and more! Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 18th 10:00 a.m. – Noon at the Home Office Training Center, 1650 Des Peres Rd., Suite 205. Please register on the Resource Center if you plan to attend.
- Online Prospecting Ideas: I’ll be creating a new post soon about online prospecting ideas which we’ll also touch on at the Select Circle.
- Resource Center: we’ll be adding these action lists to the Resource Center for easy access!